Show me the money!
Each year the Louisiana CPA Education Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, offers scholarships to qualifying accounting majors in Louisiana. These scholarships are generously funded through contributions from members of the Society of Louisiana CPAs and other private donors.
Applications for 2023 Scholarships will close Monday, January 23, 2023:
Scholarships are awarded in these two categories:
- At least six named scholarships in varying amounts ranging from $500 to $2500 will be awarded to full-time, undergraduate, declared accounting majors (12 semester hours or its equivalent) enrolled in a Louisiana four-year college/university.
- At least one $1000 scholarship will be awarded to a qualifying accounting major enrolled in a masters or doctoral program at a Louisiana college or university
Qualifications for Louisiana CPA Education Foundation Scholarships
- Undergrad: Enrolled full-time in an undergraduate accounting program in a Louisiana four-year college or university when the application is filed; are a declared accounting major and have successfully completed an intermediate accounting course before the semester in which the application is filed.
- Graduate: Enrolled in a post-graduate/masters accounting course when the application is filed and be a full-time student (enrolled in 12 semester hours or its equivalent)
The following qualifications apply to all applicants:
- Scholarships are open to current LCPA Student Affiliates. Enrollment is free to eligible students and subject to annual renewal. (See if you qualify.) You can log into your LCPA account to see if your status is current.
NOTE: The scholarship management platform we use requires applicants to also be AICPA Student Affiliate members (free). You will need to create an account on ThisWayToCPA.com to start the application process — it will only take a few minutes. But when you do, your one main profile can be used to easily apply for other scholarships on the ThisWayToCPA site, and dual LCPA-AICPA affiliate status gives you more benefits!
Not sure if you're a Student Affiliate? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to verify.
- Currently enrolled in an accounting program in a Louisiana four-year college or university when the application is filed.
- Academic achievement: 3.0 or better on a grading scale of 4.00 for accounting courses, and 2.5 overall.
- Select the application that best suits your status when your application is filed.
- The online Scholarship Application and all required materials, including one-page, double-spaced essay; unofficial AND official transcripts through the preceding semester; and letters of recommendation, must be submitted by the deadline for consideration. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure the submission of all required materials.
- Students may apply for only one LCPA scholarship per year.
- Students who received scholarships in prior years may reapply for additional awards. However, students who previously received the Kit Smith, Alex Postlethwaite, Richard Roth, C. Will Elliott, Grady Hazel, Ronald Prejean awards are not eligible to receive one of the named/memorial scholarships in future years, but could qualify for other general LCPA Scholarships.
- No immediate family member of the Louisiana CPA Education Foundation selection committee or the LCPA Board of Directors shall be eligible to receive scholarship assistance. Scholarships are awarded in the spring to offset funding for the current or preceding semester at a Louisiana university.
View 2023 Louisiana CPA Education Foundation Applications -Deadline extended to Jan 23, 2023: