Show me the money!
Each year the Louisiana CPA Education Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, offers scholarships to qualifying accounting majors in Louisiana. These scholarships are generously funded through contributions from members of the Society of Louisiana CPAs and other private donors.
Our 2022 scholarships have been awarded. Check back in the fall when the applications open again.
Scholarships are awarded in these two categories:
- At least six named scholarships in varying amounts ranging from $500 to $2500 will be awarded to full-time, undergraduate, declared accounting majors (12 semester hours or its equivalent) enrolled in a Louisiana four-year college/university.
- At least one $1000 scholarship will be awarded to a qualifying accounting major enrolled in a masters or doctoral program at a Louisiana college or university
Qualifications for Louisiana CPA Education Foundation Scholarships
- Undergrad: Enrolled full-time in an undergraduate accounting program in a Louisiana four-year college or university when the application is filed; are a declared accounting major and have successfully completed an intermediate accounting course before the semester in which the application is filed.
- Graduate: Enrolled in a post-graduate/masters accounting course when the application is filed and be a full-time student (enrolled in 12 semester hours or its equivalent)
The following qualifications apply to all applicants:
- Scholarships are open to current LCPA Student Affiliates. Enrollment is free to eligible students and subject to annual renewal. (See if you qualify.) You can log into your LCPA account to see if your status is current. Not sure if you're a Student Affiliate? Email email@example.com to verify.
- Currently enrolled in an accounting program in a Louisiana four-year college or university when the application is filed.
- Academic achievement: 3.0 or better on a grading scale of 4.00 for accounting courses, and 2.5 overall.
- Select the application that best suits your status at the time your application is filed.
- The online Scholarship Application and all required materials, including one-page, double-spaced essay; unofficial AND official transcripts through the preceding semester; and letters of recommendation, must be submitted by the deadline for consideration. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure the submission of all required materials.
- Students may apply for only one LCPA scholarship per year.
- Students who received scholarships in prior years may reapply for additional awards. However, students who previously received the Kit Smith, Alex Postlethwaite, Richard Roth, C. Will Elliott, or Grady Hazel awards are not eligible to receive one of the named/memorial scholarships in future years.
- No immediate family member of the Louisiana CPA Education Foundation selection committee or the LCPA Board of Directors shall be eligible to receive scholarship assistance. Scholarships are awarded in the spring to offset funding for the current or preceding semester at a Louisiana university.