Weathering disasters together.
Just as with past disasters — through all the hurricanes, floods, tornados, and winter (yes, winter) storms — LCPA is committed to keeping you updated on additional resources and disaster assistance as it becomes available. We work closely with federal and state agencies to ensure the concerns of CPAs and taxpayers are well represented, especially in times of disaster.
LCPA was pleased to partner with Jerry Schreiber to bring LCPA members an exclusive update and review of the necessary information for CPAs to prepare returns for taxpayers affected by natural disasters and assist clients with other recovery matters. The recording of the webcast can be viewed free of charge and does not qualify for CPE. The information covered was current at the time of the original broadcast.
We will continue to update you on announcements from key agencies and organizations. Unless opted out of receiving them, all News Alerts are emailed to members promptly. If you are not receiving our News Alerts or have previously opted out and want to be added to the distribution list, please email email@example.com.
Disaster Recovery Agencies and Other Online Resources
- Get a Game Plan
- Governor's Office of Homeland Security – Louisiana Emergency Preparedness Guides
- Louisiana Attorney General
- Louisiana Department of Transportation
- Louisiana Insurance Commissioner
- Louisiana Licensing Board for Contractors
- Parish Emergency Preparedness Contacts
- American Red Cross
- DisasterAssistance.gov – access to disaster help and resources
- Disaster Relief Resource Center for Tax Professionals
- IRS Disaster Assistance and Emergency Relief for Individuals and Businesses
- National Weather Service
- National Hurricane Center
- US Small Business Administration
The AICPA Disaster Recovery Guide is a great resource to add to your website and share with members, even before a weather situation hits. This comprehensive guide, created in partnership with the American Red Cross, is an easy-to-read tool for members and the public, with several good checklists to follow, both before and after an unfortunate event.
The AICPA Benevolent Fund provides short-term assistance for daily living expenses that some AICPA members who may find difficult to meet due to unemployment, accident affecting personal or family health, medical expenses exceeding insurance coverage, natural disaster or the loss of a primary source of family income.
If you or someone you know are in need of assistance please direct them to the Benevolent Fund Resource Center on the AICPA.org site or call 866.527.2228