Weathering disasters together.
`Just as with past disasters — through all the hurricanes, floods, tornados, and winter (yes, winter) storms — LCPA is committed to keeping you updated on additional resources and disaster assistance as it becomes available. We work closely with federal and state agencies to ensure the concerns of CPAs and taxpayers are well represented, especially in times of disaster.
Response Ready: A Message from Our CEO
We, like all Louisiana residents, are aware of the devastating impacts of Hurricane Ida and know too well that we have a long road to recovery ahead. While the safety of your family and staff is paramount, we also understand the potential impact on the filing deadlines. Our Advocacy Team is already hard at work on emergency declaration filing issues and will keep you updated if guidance is issued.
We thank LCPA Member Jerry Schreiber for sharing his Disaster Guide and other valuable resources with us. We've also listed a few other resources that may come in handy. Bookmark this page for easy access as we'll add any special disaster-related alerts to this page.
The impact of Ida, or any storm, is uncertain. What is certain, is our dedication to providing the necessary support and advocating for your causes.
Ron Gitz, CPA, CGMA
Resources from Gerard Schreiber, CPA, the Master of Disaster
Members Helping Members
Office Space Available
The following members have offered to share office space. Please contact them directly for details. If you have space to share, email location/contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jerrett Richter, CPA • 10761 Perkins Road, Ste D, Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • 337.258.4068
Location has 4 seats; BYO server/computers
- Matt Ledoux, CPA • 1018 Harding St., Suite 102, Lafayette, LA 70503 •
Location has 5 large offices; BYO furniture, internet, and computer equipment
- Connie Smallwood • 1900 North 18th St., Suite 300, Monroe, LA 71201
Location has 4 available offices; wireless network connection
Office Space Needed
We have members who have reached out and are in need of office space. Contact email@example.com if you have space to share in the location indicated.
- 2 Metairie CPAs in need of office space; contact Amanda Ladagallerie
Clean-Up Assistance Needed
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you can assist members in clean-up efforts in these locations:
- St Rose, Residential
News & Alerts
We will continue to update you on announcements from key agencies and organizations. Unless opted out of receiving them, all News Alerts are emailed to members promptly. If you are not receiving our News Alerts or have previously opted out and want to be added to the distribution list, please email email@example.com.
- LDR Grants Extensions for Eligible Taxpayers Hurricane Ida
- LDR Severance/Excise Relief; Non-Resident Emergency Services Written Requests Hurricane Ida (9/2/21)
- IRS: Tax relief now available to victims of Hurricane Ida; Oct. 15 deadline, other dates extended to Jan. 3 (9/1/21)
- SBA Stands Ready to Assist Louisiana Businesses and Residents Affected by Hurricane Ida; SBA Virtual Recovery Centers to Open Tuesday, Aug. 31 (9/1/21)
- View News Alerts archive. (Pre-Ida)
The AICPA Disaster Recovery Guide is a great resource to add to your website and share with members, even before a weather situation hits. This comprehensive guide, created in partnership with the American Red Cross, is an easy-to-read tool for members and the public, with several good checklists to follow, both before and after an unfortunate event.
Disaster Recovery Agencies and Other Online Resources
- Get a Game Plan
- Governor's Office of Homeland Security – Louisiana Emergency Preparedness Guides
- Louisiana Attorney General
- Louisiana Department of Transportation
- Louisiana Insurance Commissioner
- Louisiana Licensing Board for Contractors
- Parish Emergency Preparedness Contacts
- American Red Cross
- DisasterAssistance.gov – access to disaster help and resources
- Disaster Relief Resource Center for Tax Professionals
- Reasons Why You Might Have Been Found Ineligible by FEMA