Filing For Freedom – Tax Filing Assistance for the Military
Volunteer to Help Virtually Prepare Tax Returns for LA Military Families
Filing for Freedom, a volunteer, tax preparation program for those serving in the military and their families is coming to Ft. Polk, Louisiana!
The IRS, the Department of Defense, and the Society of Louisiana CPAs have joined forces to provide volunteers to assist military personnel at Ft. Polk in VIRTUALLY preparing their 2022 tax returns.
The service is free for military personnel.
Schedule tax preparation.
VIEW 2023 VOLUNTEER FLYER (VIRTUAL)
How does it work?
Volunteers can help virtually or in-person through the following roles:
- GREETERS to screen taxpayers and determine the type of assistance they need and confirm they have the necessary documents to complete their returns.
- PREPARERS to provide tax return preparation service after completing online training certification and orientation with the IRS filing system.
- REVIEWERS to review tax returns completed by preparers, and ensure quality service and correctness of tax return for filing.
Support our military by completing a Volunteer Form today.
Need more information?
- Frequently Asked Questions For Virtual Volunteering
- Contact Ann Lupo at 504.904.1125 or firstname.lastname@example.org.