Your LCPA Advocacy Team Working For You.
(Left to Right)
Jim Harris, Lobbyist, Harris, DeVille & Associates
Linda Babin, CPA, CGMA, LCPA State Government Relations Director
Ron Gitz, CPA, CGMA, LCPA CEO & Executive Director
This is an emerging and rapidly evolving situation. LCPA will provide updated information as it becomes available.
This disaster resource page has typically focused on hurricanes, flooding or other weather-related events in Louisiana, but now we’ve turned our attention to the coronavirus — also known as COVID-19. At this unprecedented time, CPAs must think
about how they will respond to coronavirus-related concerns from employees, clients, and customers. LCPA is monitoring developments and our Advocacy Team is focusing on bringing you relevant resources to help you and your organizations.
As in other critical times, LCPA continues to stand strong and advocate on your behalf. Through hurricanes, pandemics, or other major life events, LCPA is committed to getting you through it all. Contact us with any questions — we’re here to help.
As the COVID-19 situation constantly changes, LCPA will follow federal and state mandates and CDC guidance to protect the health of our staff, members, speakers, and sponsors. LCPA and our chapters have postponed all in-person events through
the end of July. Please check our CPE/Events calendar for updates.
- Free COVID-19 Related Webcasts (non-CPE credit):
All Webcasts and On-Demand Courses,
including Professional Ethics, are available and provide a convenient, no-travel, no-contact option.
We will continue to update you on announcements from key agencies and organizations. If you are not receiving our Alerts or have previously opted out and want to be added to the distribution list, please email email@example.com.
- PPP, LDR, Remote Sellers, LTC, IRS Updates (5/27/2020)
- PPP Safe Harbor EXTENDED Again; Deadline Now May 18, 2020 (5/14/2020)
- PPP Safe Harbor Deadline May 14, 2020 – Updated SBA Guidance on Necessity of Loan (5/13/2020)
- AICPA PPP Loan Forgiveness Matrix; PPP FAQ updates; Form 941 Draft (5/5/2020)
- Tell Congress We Need SBA Guidance on PPP Loan Forgiveness; AICPA Challenging IRS Released Guidance (5/2/2020)
- More AICPA & SBA PPP Guidance; LDR Veterans Prescriptive Period; LWC Benefits; IRS Economic Impact Payments (4/27/2020)
- LDR Severance Tax Extensions; Treasurer asks, "Do you have Unclaimed Property?" (4/23/2020)
- More PPP Guidance Issued to Address Self-Employed & Partner Income; Loan Forgiveness Calculations (4/15/2020)
- LA Loan Guaranty Webinar; SBA Self Employed; PPP & CARES Act Update; PEEC statement; PPP lenders docs; AICPA chat function available (4/14/2020)
- AICPA Updates CPA as Agent; IRS extends more deadlines & NOL guidance (4/9/2020)
- New AICPA PPP lender documents recommendations; AICPA calls for more tax relief filing and payments (4/8/2020)
- LDR Income Tax Relief Provisions; IRS Economic Impact Payment FAQs (3/31/2020)
- Accounting added to CISA Essential Services; more FFCRA FAQs (3/30/2020)
- IRS Update; FFCRA FAQs; Gov Proclamation; and more (3/27/2020)
- Stay-at-Home Order; LDR Extensions; and more (3/23/2020)
- IRS Filing Relief; deadline extended to July 15 (3/20/2020)
- LDR Issues Guidance on Tax Extensions, Assessments, Audits, Litigation, Collection, and Other Matters (3/19/2020)
- IRS Issues Guidance on Deferring Tax Payments Due to COVID-19 Outbreak (3/18/2020)
Professional Resources and Information
Paycheck Protection Program Resources
- Coronavirus Impact on Peer Review
The LCPA Peer Review Team recognizes the potential impact of travel restrictions and health concerns due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic on upcoming peer review due dates. Our
top priority during this time is the health, safety and welfare of firm personnel and peer reviewers. As such, we are operating with an abundance of caution and will consider all factors in advising firms and peer reviewers of the
options available to them with regard to upcoming peer review deadlines. Please contact us directly if you have any questions or concerns related to your upcoming peer review.
- Consequences of COVID-19 Financial Reporting Considerations
- Prometric – CPA Exam Testing Centers Closing Temporarily
Financial Assistance for AICPA Members – Benevolent Fund
The AICPA Benevolent Fund provides short-term assistance for daily living expenses that some AICPA members who may find difficult to meet due to unemployment, accident affecting personal or family health, medical expenses exceeding insurance coverage,
natural disaster or the loss of a primary source of family income.
If you or someone you know are in need of assistance please direct them to the
Benevolent Fund Resource Center on the AICPA.org site or call 866.527.2228.