LDR Hurricane Ida Tax Relief Extended to February 15 for 25 Parishes
The Louisiana Department of Revenue (LDR) has updated Revenue Information Bulletin (RIB) No. 21-024 Automatic Extensions Granted for Eligible Individuals and Businesses Impacted by Hurricane Ida.
The LDR RIB was updated on December 23, 2021, to extend income and franchise tax deadlines to February 15, 2022, in response to IRS IR-2021-254 which was issued on December 22, 2021.
Only 25 parishes are listed in the updated LDR RIB.
- Income and Franchise Tax Extensions - Footnote 2 in the updated RIB
- Estimated Income Tax Payments - Footnote 3 in the updated RIB
- Withholding Tax Extensions - Footnote 4 in the updated RIB
- Severance and Excise Tax Extensions - Footnote 5 in the updated RIB
- The Appendix on page 3 of the updated RIB has a summary of extensions granted.
IMPORTANT Read LDR RIB 21-024 for full details on what LDR postponed and the list of 25 parishes.
In case you missed it, read IRS IR-2021-254 for full details on what the IRS postponed.
The LCPA Advocacy Team sends a huge thanks to LDR Sec. Kimberly Lewis and the Policy Services Division for the quick action to our request that RIB 21-024 be updated in response to yesterday’s IRS extension.
Questions about the content of this Alert should be directed to LCPA State Government Relations Director Linda Babin.