2017 Louisiana Governmental Accounting and Auditing Conference - 1ST DAY ONLY (GAAC117)
Tell a Friend About This EventTell a Friend

When: 11/2/2017
8:30 AM until 4:30 PM
Where: Doubletree by Hilton Lafayette
1521 W. Pinhook Road
United States
Presenter: Various

Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List  

Governmental entities of all shapes and sizes are under more scrutiny than ever. The need for constant improvements in processes, increased demands for transparency, and ever-changing regulations all combine to make your job increasingly complicated. And the stakes have never been greater.

The 2017 Governmental Accounting & Auditing Conference will give you the tools you need to slash through the red tape, make sense of recent changes, and cut a clear path to success. The lineup is packed with seasoned practitioners and local officials so you’re getting the information you need from the people who know best.

Sponsorships are still available. Contact Misean Reed at 504.904.1133 or mreed@lcpa.org.

Gold Sponsor
Thursday, November 2
7:30 – 8:00 am Registration & Continental Breakfast
8:00 – 9:30 am

GASB Update

J. Michael Inzina, CPA, CGFM, CGMA • Altec, Inc. • Monroe, LA

Coming soon.

9:30 - 9:50 am Break/Visit Exhibitors
9:50 – 10:50 am

New Louisiana Governmental Audit Guide & Other Initiatives of the Legislative Auditor

Suzanne Elliott, CPA • Quality Assurance/Research Manager Louisiana Legislative Auditor’s Office • Baton Rouge, LA

Tips on using the revised Louisiana Governmental Audit Guide, and information on other new initiatives being implemented by the Legislative Auditor.

10:50 – 11:50 am

The Psychology of Fraud

David Yellott, CPA, CGMA • East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office • Baton Rouge, LA

This session will look at the psychology of occupational fraud, discuss the significance of sociopaths in examining the fraud triangle, and focus on classic rationalizations.  It is estimated that 3-5% of the American population is made up of psychopaths and sociopaths.  These people need no rationalization to commit occupational fraud.  The other 95% of the population does.  This session will examine some of the classic rationalizations used in committing occupational fraud and our role in counteracting these rationalizations.

11:50 am - 12:50 pm Lunch
12:50 – 2:10 pm

Statewide Agreed-Upon Procedures & Practical Application

Bradley Cryer, CPA • Director of Local Government Services Louisiana Legislative Auditor’s Office • Baton Rouge, LA
Tim Green, CPA, CGMA • Allen, Green and Williamson, LLP • Monroe, LA

Coming soon.

2:10 – 3:10 pm

The Unified Single Audit Circular: What Have We Learned?

J. Michael Inzina, CPA, CGFM, CGMA • Altec, Inc. • Monroe, LA

Coming soon.

3:10 – 3:30 pm Break/Visit Exhibitors
3:30 – 4:20 pm

Legal Update & Top 10 Most Asked Legal Questions

Jenifer Schaye, JD, CFE • General Counsel Louisiana Legislative Auditor’s Office • Baton Rouge, LA

In this presentation, we will give a broad overview of the answers we give with regard to critical issues arising in the areas of Public Bid; Budgeting; Meetings & Records; Social Media in the Workplace; Contracts; Travel Costs; and Ethics.  We will also integrate into this presentation 2017 statutory changes which impact our answers.

4:30 – 5:20 pm
Bonus Session

Techniques for Conducting Forensic Audits

Brent McDougall, MBA, CIA, CFE, EnCE • Forensic IT Audit Coordinator/Sr Investigative AuditorLouisiana Legislative Auditor’s Office • Baton Rouge, LA

This presentation will focus on providing examples of procedures and techniques used in Investigative audits which attendees will be able to incorporate into their own work.

Doubletree by Hilton
1521 West Pinhook Road
Lafayette, LA 70503

Rate: $135
Group Code: LPA
Cut-off Date: 10/18

Registration Fees

Up to 18 CPE Credits

Early Bird (through 10/18) Member/Non-member:
Day One: $265/365
Register online using the 'Register' button above.

Other Registration Options
Day Two: $265/365
Both Days: $399/599

After 10/18, add $50 to your fee.

*Non-CPA staff of LCPA members may attend at the member rate.

To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040 Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.

Need to register more than one person?
Fill out our Group Registration Form and email it to register@lcpa.org.