*The member rate applies to LCPA members, other state CPA society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Texas CPAs: Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Sponsor number is #010423.
Note: Online registration for webcasts closes approximately 48 hours before the course start time. To register within that timeframe, give us a call at 800.288.5272.
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 contains provisions that when properly implemented allow the individual taxpayer to reduce his or her tax liability. This program focuses on certain tax strategies that allow the individual taxpayer to reduce his or her tax liability based on the new tax changes.
- Advise individual clients on implementing new tax planning strategies that result from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
• Election to use the interest tracing rules rather than be limited under the mortgage interest deduction limitation
• Transfer property to younger family members while the enlarged transfer tax exemption remains in place
• Rollover 529 plan balances into ABLE Programs
• Take advantage of 529 plans to fund pre-college education expenses on a tax-advantaged basis
• Negotiate or renegotiate separation agreements and divorce decrees in light of the changes in the tax rules governing the deductibility of alimony payments
Designed For: Tax practitioners who anticipate advising individual clients regarding tax planning opportunities that result from changes brought about by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
Prerequisite: A basic understanding of the tax rules relating to individual income tax
Note: Login instructions will be provided by the webcast vendor (Surgent).