|Accounting & Auditing
*The member rate applies to LCPA members, other state CPA society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Texas CPAs: Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Sponsor number is #010423.
Note: Online registration for webcasts closes approximately 48 hours before the course start time. To register within that timeframe, give us a call at 800.288.5272.
Our focus is to reduce the overall risk of fraud. To that end, this course focuses on what factors contribute to turning honest employees into schemers. Discussion will include integrity and ethics, as well as how people may react in certain situations. We also explore the darknet and cryptocurrency fraud.
- Understand the prevalence of fraud
- Realize how organizations may cause fraud without realizing it
- Comprehend the cost of fraud
- See how the new COSO Framework for Internal Control focuses on fraud
- Understand that there are many layers in fraud defense
- Fraud's cost: ACFE's Report to the Nations; Ancillary costs
- Current economy: Microeconomics; Analyses
- COSO's Internal Control Framework: Principle #1 - Integrity/Ethics; Principle #8 - Fraud Risk Assessment
- Power of morale: Shrink the fraud triangle; Motivation
- Why good folks go bad: What studies indicate; Five interesting findings; Red flags
- The Dark Web
Designed For: CPAs in public practice and industry who wish to educate clients or colleagues on how to better prevent fraud from occurring at the source
Note: Login instructions will be provided by the webcast vendor (Surgent).