*The member rate applies to LCPA members, other state CPA society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Texas CPAs: Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Sponsor number is #010423.
Note: Online registration for webcasts closes approximately 48 hours before the course start time. To register within that timeframe, give us a call at 800.288.5272.
This program explores the current economic trends and analyzes their impact on you as the financial executive in areas of human resource management; credit markets and banking; uncertainty and regulatory policy; cash flow planning strategies; debt and equity mix impacts in uncertain markets; globalization of the market; social security funding and impact on retirement planning; and acquiring distressed companies and assets. Specific recommendations and insights will be offered to you to deal with the challenges.
- Understand the current economic issues for the CFO/Controller including:
- Regulatory, Fiscal and Monetary policies impact on the organization
- Hiring and human relations in a turbulent market
- Managing the finances of the organization
- Managing risk in an uncertain economic climate
- The impact of current economic trends on employment and human relations policies
- The impact of the current credit markets on banking relationship and financial needs of the organization and the organizations ability to raise capital
- Uncertainty in the regulatory environment on planning and business expansion
- The safety and soundness of the financial plans for your organization in an uncertain economic climate
- Debt and equity mix
- Competing in a global market place and steps to take to become more competitive globally.
- Evaluation of the impact of federal, state and municipal deficits and unfunded mandates as it relates to tax planning
- Social Security funding as it relates to providing retirement plans for your employees
- Safety and soundness of your credit and collections processes and selection of customers in an uncertain environment
- Influencing growth through acquisition of distressed organizations
- The economic way ahead for the CFO/Controller in 2014 and beyond
Designed For: Financial executives including CFOs, Controllers, and Managers
Prerequisite: Experience and/or exposure to financial management
Note: Login instructions will be provided by the webcast vendor (Surgent).