*The member rate applies to LCPA members, other state CPA society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Texas CPAs: Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Sponsor number is #010423.
This training session will provide a detailed understanding of the discipline of “leadership” versus “managership.”
Learn about the importance of sound leadership within the business organization. A strong emphasis will be placed on the difference between a leader and a manager. Various “leadership techniques” will be displayed including how to deal with diversity in the workforce created by gender, generations and ethnicity.
Additionally, the Trait, Skills and Style approach of leadership will be reviewed along with Psychodynamic Leadership theory, Strategic Leadership concepts and Leadership in Ethics principles.
- Recognize the difference between "leadership" versus "managership"
- Identify the importance of sound leadership within the business organization
- Recognize Psychodynamic Leadership theory, Strategic Leadership concepts and Leadership in Ethics principles.
- Leadership vs. “Managership”
- Leadership Techniques and the Diverse Workforce
- Traits, Skills, and Style Approach of Leadership
- Psychodynamic Leadership Theory and Strategic Leadership Concepts
- Principles of Leadership Ethics
CPAs, CFO/controllers, financial managers, auditors, financial analysts and practitioners.
Advanced Prep: None
Note: Login instructions will be provided by the webcast vendor (CalCPA).