|Accounting & Auditing
*The member rate applies to LCPA members, other state CPA society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Texas CPAs: Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Sponsor number is #010423.
Receive an overview of control creation methods and discuss ways to implement policies and procedures successfully.
Many organizations are successful as they create a system of internal controls, however, some fail to implement established measures correctly. Moreover, entities regularly neglect the critical process of testing, monitoring and updating control procedures, which weakens the entire internal control structure.
The topics covered in this course includes an array of control maintenance checklists that participants can take and adapt to their organization as they work to improve policies and procedures. Finally, it provides an understanding of the need for dynamic, fluid controls that adapt to changes in business tools and methods. Participants that take this course will have a strengthened ability to implement and maintain an internal control system.
- Understand the steps needed to implement a developed system of internal controls.
- Build control measure schedules that function weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly, and that are designed to test and monitor the internal control structure of an organization.
- Show knowledge related to testing control measures to make sure they are working properly.
- Understand the need to update existing controls to keep them viable as business operations change.
- List methods that can be used to communicate policy and procedure changes to those that are affected by these changes.
- Considerations for the maintenance of an internal control system
- The types of policies and procedures organizations should utilize
- Reviewing and testing control measures
- Updating controls and implementing control changes
Accounting and business professionals.
Prerequisite: A basic understanding of Internal Control concepts.
Advanced Prep: None
Note: Login instructions will be provided by the webcast vendor (CalCPA).