|Accounting & Auditing
*The member rate applies to LCPA members, other state CPA society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Texas CPAs: Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Sponsor number is #010423.
Stay current in the nonprofit world with this comprehensive discussion of recent changes and requirements for nonprofit accounting and auditing. Big changes are coming this year and the following years with revenue recognition and the new leasing standard.
Discuss common errors in nonprofit financial statements and audit issues unique to nonprofits, as well as the recently issued financial reporting changes to nonprofits.
- Identify requirements for nonprofits under ASU 2016-14.
- Recognize financial statement presentation requirements for nonprofits.
- Learn about the new grant accounting guidance in ASU 2018-08.
- Plan for changes required by the new revenue recognition and lease accounting standards.
- Consider methodologies for cost allocation for the functional presentation and grant accounting needs.
- Identify accounting challenges for nonprofits.
- Identify audit issues unique to nonprofits.
- Recent changes to financial statement presentation for nonprofit organizations
- Recent changes in accounting standards: Accounting for contracts and grants, revenue recognition and lease accounting
- Audit issues
CPAs, auditors, accountants and financial professionals.
Prerequisite: Familiarity with accounting requirements for nonprofit and generally accepted auditing standards.
Advanced Prep: None
Note: Login instructions will be provided by the webcast vendor (CalCPA).