*The member rate applies to LCPA members, other state CPA society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Texas CPAs: Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Sponsor number is #010423.
Master tax research with the right questions. Tax questions arise when a unique set of facts is examined considering general rules of tax law. In many instances, the most important questions are by no means obvious. The more experienced the tax adviser, the easier it is to identify and ask the right questions. However, for the beginner, asking the right question is often the most difficult part of tax research. This webcast is designed to help you identify and phrase critical tax questions. We help you structure your searches and formulate the questions to make your research more effective
• Identify the appropriate authority for tax problems.
• Analyze the evidence you gather regarding your client's tax situation.
• Recall the facts from other cases to reach a conclusion about your client's case.
• Identify specific ways to communicate your findings to your client.
• Recall the research methodology that is appropriate to tax planning.
• The elusive nature of tax questions
• Assessing and applying authority
• External communications
• Research methodology for tax planning comprehensive examples
Designed For: Tax professionals
Note: Login instructions will be provided by the webcast vendor (AICPA).