|Accounting & Auditing
*The member rate applies to LCPA members, other state CPA society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Texas CPAs: Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Sponsor number is #010423.
Purchasing and cash disbursements are common targets for fraud in any entity’s environment. Today, many practitioners, auditors and management in industry are aware of the criticality of adequate internal controls, but may be uncertain whether existing controls in their organizations are adequate. It is important to understand common frauds and internal controls over the purchasing and cash disbursement cycle.
This webcast also emphasizes smaller businesses and not-for-profit entities where cost/benefit analysis is extremely important and fraud is more likely to occur. Learn how to analyze existing controls and consider or implement new controls to more effectively and efficiently address the needs of your organization.
- Identify common frauds in the purchasing and cash disbursement processes.
- Recognize internal controls to mitigate various risks.
- Recall an analysis process to improve efficient and effective risk management in your organization.
- The acquisitions cycle: ordering, receiving, and warehousing
- Cash disbursements cycle
- Payroll and expense reimbursement frauds
- External auditing and forensic investigations: conceptual and procedural differences
- Controls and design
Designed For: Auditors
Note: Login instructions will be provided by the webcast vendor (AICPA).