*The member rate applies to LCPA members, other state CPA society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Texas CPAs: Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Sponsor number is #010423.
The use of technology by businesses of all types, including CPA firms, has exploded in recent years. This has created the need for proactive and robust cybersecurity risk management practices. This course will explore the most common technology risks and trends that every CPA should know to better advise and serve clients. This includes maximizing the use of technology on audit and other professional services.
- Discuss current trends in information technology applications
- Explain how to best manage information technology-related risks that CPA firms face when providing professional services to clients
- Explain how auditors are leveraging technology on their engagements
- Describe the nonattest and attest service options available to assist clients with cybersecurity risk management
- Discuss importance of securing client data
- Describe how to avoid malware and other security threats
- Explore recent SEC cybersecurity guidance
- Discuss risks from the use of audit software
- Explain threats to independence resulting from hosting the client’s data
- Explore how data analytics are being applied in audits
- Explain the trends and risks related to blockchain
- Describe migrating data to a cloud-based environment
- Explore the recent Cybersecurity Risk Management Framework
- Discuss attest service options related to a client’s cybersecurity risk management program
Designed For: CPAs in either public or private practice with accounting, financial reporting, or attest responsibilities
Requisite Knowledge: None
Note: Login instructions will be provided by the webcast vendor (Surgent).