|Accounting & Auditing
*The member rate applies to LCPA members, other state CPA society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Texas CPAs: Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Sponsor number is #010423.
The effective date for ASU 2016-02, Leases (Topic 842) is rapidly approaching. The new standard eliminates one of the largest forms of off-balance sheet accounting, but requires most leases to be brought onto the balance sheet (whether classified as a financing or operating lease) as well as mandates other changes in lease accounting for both lessees and lessors.
This course will discuss the impact of these changing standards on both parties and will discuss recently issued or proposed updated guidance related to this new standard. These changes will be effective for public companies for periods beginning after December 15, 2018, with all other entities having an extra year for implementation. So now is the time to get up to date on all that is going on with regard to this topic.
- Identify finance lease transactions, including both lessor and lessee perspectives
- Understand the proper accounting and financial reporting treatment for operating and finance leases
- Describe how lessor accounting is influenced by revenue recognition and measurement concepts
- Explain important transition issues from the current to new standards
- Outcomes of the recent FASB and IASB Joint Project related to Leases
- Differentiating between accounting and reporting requirements for operating and finance leases
- Evaluating possible material misstatement related to lease recognition, measurement, presentation and disclosure
Designed For: Practicing CPAs and accounting professionals in business and industry that prepare and review or audit financial statements
Requisite Knowledge: Basic understanding of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles
Note: Login instructions will be provided by the webcast vendor (Surgent).