|Accounting & Auditing
*The member rate applies to LCPA members, other state CPA society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Texas CPAs: Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Sponsor number is #010423.
This course will provide a general understanding of the current and prospective reporting and disclosure requirements for employee benefit plans. Participants will be provided with an insight into the common errors and mistakes made by auditors and plan administrators. Results from the Department of Labor’s (“DOL”) Criminal Enforcement initiative and audit quality study will be discussed and reviewed. An update will be provided on the issues associated with the peer review process and failure of firms to include employee benefit plans.
This material will provide auditors and plan administrators with up-to-date information regarding defined contribution plans auditing, reporting and disclosure requirements.
- Prepare for the current year’s audit
- Gain a general understanding of the current and prospective reporting and disclosure requirements for employee benefit plans
- Identify common errors and mistakes made by auditors and plan administrators
- Common risks and pitfalls associated with defined contribution plans
- Nuances of the fair value disclosures
- New reporting and disclosure requirements for the current year
- Results of DOL Audit Quality Study
Designed For: Auditors and Plan administrators of Defined Contribution Plans
Requisite Knowledge: Basic understanding of defined contribution and defined benefit plans
Note: Login instructions will be provided by the webcast vendor (Surgent).