*The member rate applies to LCPA members, other state CPA society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Texas CPAs: Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Sponsor number is #010423.
Tax practitioners should know and be able to apply the rules that govern partnership distributions and disguised sales conducted through a partnership. Unless the tax professional is able to tell when the disguised-sale rules trump the general partnership distribution rules, the tax practitioner might be led to give wrong advice regarding the taxability or nontaxability of a particular distribution.
This program covers the general partnership distribution rules for both current and liquidating distributions, and then explores the circumstances where the so called "disguised sale" rules apply to make an otherwise nontaxable partnership distribution taxable.
- Recognize when a partnership distribution is subject to the disguised sale rules
- Understand the tax treatment of cash and non-cash distributions by a partnership to a partner
- Taxation of current and liquidating partnership distributions
- Tax treatment of cash distributions from a partnership to a partner
- Tax treatment of non-cash property distributions by a partnership
- When a partner recognizes gain or loss resulting from a partnership distribution
- Disguised sale rules as they apply to partnership distributions
Designed For: Any tax practitioner who wishes to understand the tax rules relating to partnership distributions; any tax practitioner wishing to be updated with how to differentiate between a partnership distribution and a disguised sale
Requisite Knowledge: General background in the taxation of partnership income taxation
Note: Login instructions will be provided by the webcast vendor (Surgent).