December 2, 2019
8:30 AM until 4:30 PM
LCPA - Training Facility
2400 Veterans Memorial Blvd
Kenner, Louisiana 70062
Bryan L. Smith, CPA. CITP, CISA
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Bump up your baseline knowledge.
Emerging technologies are impacting businesses at an unprecedented pace. Whether you are a CPA working as a CFO or controller, or in the field of public accounting serving clients, it is imperative that you develop a baseline of knowledge in these new
technologies to enhance your value to your organization and your clients. The 2019 Winter Tech Fest provides an excellent opportunity for you to get up to date on a number of these new technologies.
Winter Tech Fest Topics
The Tech fest is organized into three distinct learning modules to maximize return on your time and investment:
Module 1: 2019 Tech Trend Update
We will provide a macro level review of some of the most important technology trends in the marketplace today. Specifically, we will discuss the following:
- Today's hardware review: laptops, monitors, smart displays, tablets, phones and more.
- Leveraging the cloud with outsourced server infrastructure providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
- Productivity tools potpourri: Persistent chat, password managers and more.
- Emerging megatrend technologies: Big Data, IoT, Blockchain, AI and more.
Module 2: Enhance Your Communication, Collaboration and Knowledge Sharing with Office 365
Many people think that Office 365 is simply the next generation of the traditional Microsoft Office desktop applications. Nothing could
be further from the truth! Office 365 provides an entire ecosystem of applications that can help you complete your transformation to a 100% digital office. We will discuss the following:
- Review all that Office 365 has to offer.
- Understand how the Teams app has become the central hub of all that you do in Office 365.
- Review and demonstration of the core Office 365 apps.
Module 3: Data Analytics & Dashboard Reporting
One of the most important skills for CPAs to develop today is an understanding of the power of data analytics to improve decision making, This module will provide a demonstration
of how the data analytics process works using Microsoft Power BI, one of the best-selling tool kits used in business. We will review the following:
- How to turn Excel into an advanced data analytics tool using the Microsoft Power BI tools.
- Learn about the stand-alone Microsoft Power BI tools.
- Transform rows and columns of data into interactive visualizations, or dashboards.
- Leverage the cloud to share your analysis via interactive and highly visual dashboards.
Meet the Speaker
Bryan L. Smith, CPA.CITP, CISA
Virtual CIO, CPA Crossings, LLC • Rochester, MI
Bryan is the co-founder of CPA Crossings, LLC, (est. 2001), which specializes in helping accounting, tax and financial professionals leverage technology to increase the quality and efficiency of their services.
He has extensive knowledge and experience in proper Excel design techniques as well as helping CPAs build spreadsheets that are accurate. As a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Bryan has spent considerable amount of time auditing and validating
thousands of Excel spreadsheets. He has developed various data analysis and Microsoft Power BI courses and provides coaching services to various organizations to train and coach staff on proper data analysis techniques.
Bryan, who has a Master of Science in Information Assurance, is a member of the Information System Audit and Control Association and is a past chair of task forces for the Michigan Association of CPAs.
Non-CPA staff of LCPA members may attend at the member rate.
CPE: Up to 8 Credits
To register online, use the ‘Register’ button below.
To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Need to register more than one person? Fill out our Group Registration Form and email it to email@example.com.