|Accounting & Auditing
|The Early Bird rate is good through 11/5.
*The member rate applies to LCPA members, other state CPA society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Texas CPAs: Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Sponsor number is #010423.
How do the leasing requirements in the new standard differ from current GAAP? This course addresses that question by focusing on the basic core principles of the new standard. Discussion includes basic identification, recognition, measurement, presentation and disclosure requirements. Case study exercises are included to illustrate application of the new standard.
This course discusses the lessee accounting model, including lease classification, amortization of the right-of-use asset, and interest on the lease liability. This course also discusses the lessor accounting model, including profit recognition and collectability.
- Differentiate between requirements under the current and new leases standards.
- Compare current lease recognition and measurement requirements to those of the new leases standard.
- Identify presentation and disclosure requirements of the new leases standard.
- Lease classification
- Amortization of the lease asset
- Derecognition of the underlying asset
- Recognition of lease receivables
Designed For: Accountants in practice and industry
Prerequisite: Experience in application of accounting standards