|The Early Bird rate is good through 11/4.
*The member rate applies to LCPA members, other state CPA society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Texas CPAs: Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Sponsor number is #010423.
With different tax rates for individuals and trusts, tax planning takes on more importance. New ideas for financial planning for retirement must be considered. The purpose of this course is to explore practical tax-planning ideas that practitioners can use to assist clients with their needs.
This course is crucial for CPAs who are looking for good ideas that can save clients money! Continually updated for legislative developments.
- Understand life insurance for both income and estate planning
- Identify strategies that are effective following estate and gift tax reform
- Understand options available to baby boomers as they reach retirement in light of Social Security
- The best new income tax and estate-planning ideas, including items from tax reform
- Highlights of the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act including the Section 199A deduction
- Major tax ideas for the current year
- The changing Social Security landscape: what it means for planning
- Creative charitable giving strategies
- Financial planning strategies
- Maximizing retirement plan benefits
- Using intentionally defective grantor trusts
- Miscellaneous tax-planning techniques that can add up to significant tax savings
- How to use the whole family for tax savings
- Life insurance
- Up-to-the-minute ideas reflecting new tax law changes in cases, regulations, and rulings
Designed For: All practitioners, especially those who want to provide the best up-to-the-minute tax advice.
Prerequisite: Basic course in individual income tax, Social Security, and estate planning