*The member rate applies to LCPA members, other state CPA society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Texas CPAs: Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Sponsor number is #010423.
While several years have passed since the Great Recession, economic and political uncertainty have continued to plague business decision-making. The roles and responsibilities of CPAs and finance professionals, meanwhile, has continued to expand. This course is designed to explore current and ongoing issues, including the development of “soft skills," that will have a substantial impact on the effectiveness of the financial professional in the workplace.
Upon completion of this course, you'll possess:
- The ability to recognize the key characteristics of effective communication
- The skill to apply these characteristics in negotiation and team building scenarios
- The knowledge to integrate these experiences into short-term and long-term leadership development plans.
- Theories of Effective Oral and Written Communication
- Defining Simplicity, Creativity, and Humanity
- Organizational Frameworks and Case Examples
- Group Dynamics and Organizational Behavior
- Negotiation Theory in Business, Politics, and Culture
- Leadership Models and Case Examples
- Ethics vs Morality: Codes of Employee Behavior
- Save The Blue Frog: An Interactive, Experiential Game
Designed For: CFOs, Controllers, Financial Professionals, and CPAs
Prerequisite: Experience in the accounting and finance profession.
Note: Login instructions will be provided by the webcast vendor (AICPA).
Looking for Parts 1 & 2?
March 27: Part 1: Strategy, Macro-Economics, and the External Environment
April 29: Part 2: Finance, Operations, Micro-Economics, and the Internal Environment