*The member rate applies to LCPA members, other state CPA society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Texas CPAs: Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Sponsor number is #010423.
This course, the final segment in a three-course series, concentrates on the new Topic 842, Leases.
Leasing is a popular form of capital investment for corporations, including everything from office space to equipment. The FASB has now released Topic 842, Leases, a major rewrite of the leasing topic.
Address the leases from the perspective of a lessor and the effective date and transition for both the lessor and lessee. The course assumes the knowledge of the first course, Leases: Is It a Lease? and the second courses, Leases: Lessees.
The effective date for nonpublic entities is annual reporting periods beginning after December 15, 2019. However, early application is permitted. Help your clients and companies be prepared for adoption before it becomes a last-minute effort.
- Recognize the lease at commencement under sales-type, direct financing, and operating leases, from the perspective of a lessor.
- Calculate the subsequent measurement under sales-type, direct financing, and operating leases, from the perspective of a lessor.
- Describe the presentation of the leases in the financial statements.
- Identify the effective date for public and nonpublic entities.
- Describe the transition requirements for both lessees and lessors.
- FASB ASC 842, Leases
- All recently released updates to ASC 842, Leases
Designed For: CPAs, auditors, consultants, and financial and management professionals.
Prerequisite: Leases: Is It a Lease? and Leases: Lessee
Advance Prep: None.
Note: Login instructions will be provided by the webcast vendor (CalCPA).