*The member rate applies to LCPA members, other state CPA society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Texas CPAs: Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Sponsor number is #010423.
This annual update covers activities of the Private Company Council (PCC), FASB trends and reviews SAS and SSARS.
Stay current on new standards related to financial accounting, compilation and review, and auditing. Learn about specific requirements of the standards and their potential impact on financial statements as well as what's in the pipeline regarding proposed standards. Discuss activities of the PCC and what's on the FASB agenda.
Note: SEC reporting requirements and public company audit requirements will not be covered.
- Recognize the requirements and impact of all financial accounting standards recently issued or effective in 2017 and thereafter.
- Determine compilation and review standards issued during the past two years.
- Identify and gain an understanding of recently enacted or proposed auditing standards.
- Recall the activities of the Private Company Council (PCC).
- Review of select AICPA Technical Questions and Answers
- Upcoming changes to revenue recognition, leasing and financial instruments
- Compilation and review standards and interpretations (SSARS)
- Auditing standards and interpretations (SAS & SSAE)
Designed For: CPAs, auditors and accountants.
Prerequisite: General working knowledge of GAAP as well as compilation, review and audit standards.
Advance Prep: None.
Note: Login instructions will be provided by the webcast vendor (CalCPA).