*The member rate applies to LCPA members, other state CPA society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Texas CPAs: Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Sponsor number is #010423.
Student loans remain a major source of funding for college and it is very important that families and students manage them wisely. Review the various education and alternative loans that families and students may want to consider.
Consolidation is an important option that students or parents should consider after the student leaves college. When is the best time to consolidate and what loans does one include? The Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program for federal loans is an option student have. Review the pros and cons of the program and whom should consider the program.
- Identify different loans available to students and families.
- Determine the pros and cons of each type of loan.
- Recognize when loans can be consolidated and who can consolidate them.
- Identify other financing options for college.
- Undergraduate student loans: Federal; in the student’s name
- Stafford loans: Subsidized and unsubsidized
- PLUS loan
- Private student loans
- Graduate student loans: Federal, Stafford, Grad PLUS and private student loans
- Consolidating student loans: Federal, student, parent and private
- Other financing options: Home equity/line of credit; margin accounts; family loans; credit cards; and retirement accounts
- Federal Public Loan Forgiveness Program
Designed For: CPAs, CFPs, lawyers and personal financial planners.
Advance Prep: None.
Note: Login instructions will be provided by the webcast vendor (CalCPA).