*The member rate applies to LCPA members, other state CPA society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Texas CPAs: Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Sponsor number is #010423.
Through case problems and analyses of questions, explore the relationship between issues that face start-ups and small businesses and fraudulent financial reporting. Examine the associated risks of fraud and how to address the risk.
This course is ideal for CPAs who provide accounting services to start-ups and small businesses, either in industry or as a practitioner performing preparations, compilations or reviews.
- Recognize and address issues that face start-ups and small businesses.
- Identify the effects on financial statements and their relationship with fraud.
- Fraudulent financial reporting
- Business issues and risks
- Going concern uncertainties
- Related party transactions
- Noncompliance with laws
- Preparations, compilation and reviews
- Client acceptance and continuation
Designed For: Accountants, controllers and financial professionals.
Prerequisite: Experience providing services to or working for start-ups or other
small businesses or previous education concerning financial reporting.
Advance Prep: None.
Note: Login instructions will be provided by the webcast vendor (CalCPA).