*The member rate applies to LCPA members, other state CPA society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Texas CPAs: Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Sponsor number is #010423.
Help your clients tax efficiently save for retirement by learning the ins and outs of contributions to, distributions from, and tax planning for various types of individual retirement accounts (IRAs). Each attendee will receive a comprehensive IRA reference materials, including examples of relevant tax law applications and tax planning strategies to help you help your clients.
• Understand tax law changes relating to IRAs
• Determine similarities and differences between various IRAs such as traditional, Roth, SEP, Individual 401k, and SIMPLE. This includes comparing traditional 401ks and Roth 401ks to IRAs.
• Calculate maximum contributions to various IRAs.
• Determine the taxability of distributions from various IRAs.
• Identify when early withdrawal penalties apply to distributions from various IRAs.
• Compute required minimum distributions from IRAs.
• Identify tax planning opportunities associated with IRAs including overview of factors relevant to the Roth vs. traditional IRA decision.
• Recent legislative developments with IRAs.
• Contribution and deduction limits (including phase-outs) to traditional, Roth, SEP, Individual 401ks, and SIMPLE IRAs.
• Taxation of distributions from various IRAs.
• Rollover rules to/from different retirement accounts.
• Required minimum distribution (RMD) rules from IRAs.
• Overview of factors relevant to Roth vs. traditional IRA decision
• Overview of health savings account (HSA) eligibility rules, contribution limits and distribution rules.
Designed For: Professionals with clients interested in saving for retirement in a tax efficient manner.
Prerequisite: General knowledge of individual/business income taxation and retirement accounts.
Advance Prep: None.
Note: Login instructions will be provided by the webcast vendor (CalCPA).