*The member rate applies to LCPA members, other state CPA society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Gain a practical understanding of the various complex tax laws dealing with sale, disposal, or exchange of property. This webcast includes analyses of the rules dealing with like-kind exchanges, and includes involuntary conversions. It also covers important property-related timing issues and planning opportunities that can lead to significant tax savings. This webcast incorporates impacts from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
When you complete this webcast, you will be able to:
- Apply proper treatment of involuntary conversions
- Explain the deferral of realized gain or loss on a like-kind property exchange
- Determine the amount of gain or loss on the sale of property
- Determine the character of recognized gain or loss on the disposition of business property
- Implement comprehensive property tax strategies to minimize taxes
- IRC sections 1231, 1245,1250
- Depreciation Recapture
- Capital gains and losses
- Non-recognition transactions
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of property transactions and taxation
Note: Login instructions will be provided by the webcast vendor (AICPA).