This year, the Tech Fest will get you up to speed on the latest tools available and
how you can use them to save time and money. It’s designed and presented by a
CPA so the information is objective and presented in a way that is most relevant
to you and your processes. You’ll walk away with knowledge to make better tech
decisions for you or your organization, or to make recommendations to clients.
Sponsorships are still available. Contact Misean Reed at 504.904.1133 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 Technology Update
This course will feature a comprehensive review of a wide range of key technology topics ranging from what’s new in personal computer technology to Blockchain technology. The goal is to get you up to date on all the emerging technology trends that impact you, your organization and the accounting profession.
- Participate in decisions about technology investments for your organization
- Engage in discussions with colleagues and service providers about technology trends
- Evaluate ways for you to leveraging emerging technologies in your career
- Alternative cloud computing infrastructure models
- Overview of personal computing technology trends
- Cloud accounting software
- Big data and data analytics
- The Internet of Things (IoT)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Blockchain technology
Blockchain Technology: What Every CPA Should Know
This session will bring you up to speed on what this revolutionary technology is all about. You will learn about the concepts, nomenclature, technology and potential applications related to Blockchain. This will prepare you to participate in conversations about Blockchain with your colleagues, peers and others.
- Be familiar with the concepts and terminology of Blockchain technology
- Have a solid understanding of how Blockchain works
- Be aware of potential applications for Blockchain
- Be prepared to participate in discussions about Blockchain
- An explanation of what Blockchain is
- Review of the nomenclature associated with Blockchain technology
- Detailed examination of the Blockchain technology model
- Review of current and potential applications for Blockchain in accounting, auditing and business in general
- Potential impact on the CPA profession
KPI Dashboards: The New Financial Reporting Model
The times they are a changing. While the debate rages on between IFRS and GAAP financial reporting, the truly hot application is KPI (Key Performance Indicator) dashboards. CEOs, entrepreneurs, and management professionals of all stripes are clamoring for real time financial dashboards. One of the primary drivers of this dynamic financial reporting model is cloud based accounting systems.
This course will introduce you to numerous platforms for developing KPI dashboards: cloud accounting systems, Microsoft Excel and niche applications. We will show you how you can embrace this model for your organization or your clients.
This session will give you a solid understanding of the what, why and how of integrating KPI dashboards into your financial reporting model.
- Overview of the KPI financial reporting model
- Round robin review of cloud accounting KPI dashboards
- Build your own with Microsoft Excel's new BI (Business Intelligence) tools
- How to integrate KPI dashboards into your financial reporting model
Improving Collaboration Using the Office 365 Teams App
In today's digital world, working in teams can be cumbersome. We have hundreds or thousands of files, emails, voice mails, notes and instant messages ... all stored in different places. If you work in different teams, each team may have their own processes to communicate. There MUST be an easier way you can find all team items in one central place.
That is where Microsoft Teams in Office 365 comes to the rescue. Teams are collections of people, content, and tools that center around different projects and jobs within an organization. Teams is a central "Hub" where all things related to the team are maintained. This includes files, chats, notes, tasks, messages, videos and more. In this session, you will learn how to bring together all of your team’s conversations, files, and tools in this single workspace.
- Understand the value of using Teams
- Be proficient in the capabilities of Teams in Office 365
- Be prepared to develop the optimal Teams deployment strategy for your organization
- An introduction into Microsoft Teams in Office 365
- A deep dive review of how to setup Teams
- Examples of how organizations can use Teams
- A review of how to manage Teams