Would you like to find important documents in 10 seconds or less? Would you like to ensure that all your digital information is safe and secure? Would you like to improve workflow efficiency? Of course you would, and with a bit of planning and guidance, you will be on your way to realizing these and other benefits associated with a paperless office. Of course, no one expects a completely “paperless” office, but reducing the amount of paper we shuffle can lead to tremendous rewards. In this course, you will learn best practices and proven processes for effective document management.
By participating in this program, you will learn how to implement simple, inexpensive document management systems at an individual, workgroup, or small business level. You will also learn how to implement more sophisticated and comprehensive document management systems – complete with automated workflow processing – appropriate for larger offices and organizations. Your instructor will guide you through issues such as digitizing paper files, exporting and importing data from specialized applications into a document management system, essential hardware and software considerations, and the policies necessary to facilitate a successful office. Upon completing this course, you will have a comprehensive understanding of your options and a clear direction for implementing your version of the Paperless Office.
- Computer Software
- Document Management
- Information Technology
Fundamental knowledge of computer operations
Accountants and other business professionals who are seeking to improve document management processes in their organizations
- Define key paperless terms such as Document Management, Records Management, and Business Process Management
- Estimate the Return on Investment of moving to a paperless environment
- Create a Records Retention Policy appropriate for your organization
- Identify the three components of a successful document management initiative
- List key characteristics of Electronic File Cabinet solutions and Document Management solutions and typical costs associated with these systems
- Identify essential hardware and software requirements for successful document management, including scanners, storage, memory, operating systems, and network considerations
- Describe critical data backup, disaster recovery, and business continuity issues and identify key vendors in this area and the solutions they offer
Non-Member Price $275.00
Member Price $225.00