The Accounting and Review Services Committee of the AICPA (ARSC) develops the SSARS. There are now three levels of engagements in the SSARS, Preparation, Compilation, and Review. The SSARS also now extend to engagements other than historical financial statements such as specified items, elements, and accounts, pro-forma financial information, and prospective financial information.
If you perform any engagements under SSARS, this course is an absolute must. An in-depth discussion of all three levels of service will provide the necessary guidance to ensure that you are completing your engagements within standards.
- SSARS guidance and applicability
- Engagement acceptance, including engagement letters
- Performance standards for all engagements
- Reporting issues for compilations
- Reporting issues for reviews
- Special issues for comparative financial statements
- Inquiry and analytical procedures in a review engagement
- Documentation issues for all types of SSARS engagements
- Sample communications and reports
- Impact of SSARS 25 on review engagements.
Kurt is partner in charge of accounting and auditing services with Oestriecher & Company, CPAs, in Alexandria, and is also involved in litigation support and small business consulting engagements.
Kurt is a 3-time recipient of LCPA’s Outstanding Discussion Leader Award and has been named an Outstanding Discussion Leader for the AICPA 10 times. Kurt has served on the Accounting and Review Services Committee, AICPA Council, and has authored several courses for the AICPA and LCPA.
Non-Member Price $425.00
Member Price $325.00