In August 2014, the Strategic Planning Committee and the Bylaws Subcommittee were tasked with revising the Bylaws to align them with current practices of the Society. The most significant changes are:
- The President, President-Elect, and Executive Director will become Chair of the Board, Chair-Elect, and Chief Executive Officer respectively;
- The Chair-Elect will have served, at the time of being elected or appointed, as Treasurer or as a Board Member At-Large for at least one year;
- Society duties and procedures will move to the Board of Directors’ Policy Manual;
- Future changes and announcements will be communicated differently (e.g. emailed vs mailed);
- The CPE Committee Chair will no longer be automatically appointed to the Budget Committee;
- The Board of Directors will have the authority to approve future
Bylaws amendments if objections are not received from the membership.
The Annual Meeting will be held at 6:00 pm on Wednesday, June 24, 2015, at The Natchitoches Events Center (750 Second Street, Natchitoches, LA) with a President’s Reception to follow. Each member and a guest are invited to join us at no charge. View more details and register for the Annual Meeting and President's Reception by June 15.