Participants in the Grassroots Key Person Program are LCPA members who recognize the differences that individuals can make in the legislative process on behalf of the profession, their clients, and the public.
Whether or not you know your state senator or representative, your participation is needed. As a Key Person, you may be asked to:
Legislators often base decisions upon communications they receive from constituents: therefore, it is essential for LCPA members to establish a connection with their elected legislators. The LCPA State Government Relations Team carefully monitors events in the legislature and alerts members in the Grassroots Key Person Program when a hot issue requires grassroots participation. While LCPA advocates work hard to ensure your voice is heard, nothing influences a legislator more than hearing from a friend or constituent.
- contact a legislator regarding important legislation that may impact CPAs and the public they serve
- maintain and build relationships with your legislators
- keep the LCPA in the loop about issues you've discussed with legislators
- deliver PAC contribution checks upon request
- attend legislator fundraisers.To volunteer to serve as a Key Person in your local area please complete the form below or contact our State Government Relations Director, Linda Babin, CPA. 504.904.1126
Not sure who your legislators are? Find out at Find My Legislator
Louisiana House of Representatives Members
Louisiana State Senate Members