No Clipping Necessary
Save 50% off CPE when you volunteer as a course coordinator.
|Save 50% off CPE when you volunteer as a course coordinator.
When you volunteer as a course coordinator for the LCPA, the work is easy and the benefits are big. Course coordinators qualify for fee discounts. For courses held in our many locations, the discount is 50 percent off the course fee – even off the already discounted member rate. This can mean substantial discounts of over $100 per course! Conferences and selected workshops do not qualify for discounts because course coordinator responsibilities are assumed by the Society committee sponsoring the event.
Whether you’re a sole practitioner, an industry member who pays for your own CPE, or an employer who pays for your staff to attend, you can realize the savings of being a course coordinator. Here’s what’s required:
1. Arrive at the course location at least 15 minutes before the seminar opens for registration. Check the meeting room set-up and course materials.
2. Introduce yourself to hotel personnel and the Discussion Leader. Learn the location of phones, restroom facilities, and where lunch will be served.
3. Check off the attendance on the registration list furnished by the Society office and hand out course manuals, evaluation forms and tent name cards. Collect payment from participants with balances noted on the registration list.
4. Contact LCPA's Member Support Department to provide attendance report.
5. At completion of seminar, collect course evaluation forms.
6. Complete the "On-site Coordinator Report.”
7. Place remaining course materials, CPE documentation forms, evaluations, checked-in registration list and checks in the box provided. Give the box to the location’s catering contact for return shipment to the LCPA office.
8. Go home and enjoy the discount you received on a CPE course you planned to attend anyway.
How Do You Become a Course Coordinator?
Volunteering for a course is easy. Simply select the CPE course(s) you would like to attend. If the position is available, you will be listed as the coordinator and the discount applied to your course fees.