Cleco Corporate Holdings LLC is seeking a Financial Accountant at its headquarters office in Pineville, LA. The individual will be Responsible for preparation and filing of regulatory filings in a timely manner including 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, FERC Form 1, FERC Form 3Q, etc. Recognizing, researching, and resolving SEC reporting and general accounting issues related to filings. Work with other departments within the company, as necessary. Participate in the monthly closing process for the company and prepare variance analysis and various reports for management. Review financial material used in Board meetings and related events to ensure accuracy and consistency with SEC filings. Provide assistance to internal and external auditors related to periodic operational, SOX, and financial audits.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, a CPA or meet the requirements to sit for the CPA exam.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or a CPA or meets the requirements to sit for the CPA exam.
- A minimum of 2 years of accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a CPA or meets the requirements to sit for the CPA exam.
- A minimum of 4 years of accounting experience.
- Understanding of GAAP, FERC, and regulatory accounting.
Please visit our website to complete an application & attach a resume.
CLECO is an EOE
The Tiger Athletic Foundation is currently seeking applicants for an experienced Accounting Supervisor/ Director of Accounting and Finance. This role will oversee the activities of the accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets. We are seeking a candidate with a bachelor’s Degree in relevant field plus 3-5 years of work experience in relevant industries or fields. Current CPA status highly desirable. Salary $53K. Interested candidates should submit their resume to Stephanie Johnston at email@example.com.
POSITION: Vice Chancellor for Business Affairs
REPORTS TO: Chancellor
SALARY: $130,000.00 to $145,000.00
Reporting directly to the Chancellor, the Vice Chancellor for Business Affairs has supervisory responsibility for 9 departments and 85 personnel within the division of Business Affairs. The position is also responsible for an annual university budget of $55 million. The Vice Chancellor for Business Affairs will serve as the university’s Chief Financial Officer and as a member of the Chancellor’s Administrative Team. As such, will assume an active and collaborative role in strategic planning, policy development, forecasting, and resource analysis for the university.
The Vice Chancellor for Business Affairs is responsible for leadership and oversight of the budget development process, budget management, accounting, information technology, human resources, payroll, auxiliary services, physical plant, purchasing, financial aid, bursar, capital project development, asset protection, bond fund management, and campus security.
In addition, the Vice Chancellor for Business Affairs will serve as the university’s fiscal liaison to the LSUS Foundation, the LSU University Administration, provide counsel to the Chancellor and the administrative team regarding local, state, and federal laws, regulations and legislative processes affecting financial affairs.
- A Master’s Degree in related field or a BS with a CPA.
- Significant and diversified leadership experience in finance, budgeting, financial planning, human resources management and IT systems with at least ten years of progressive management responsibility in a business, educational or non-profit setting.
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and relate business affairs strategies and resources to the university’s mission and strategic plan.
- Knowledge and experience with strategic planning and alignment of resources to strategy.
- Knowledge of best practices and continuous improvement processes, including a demonstrated understanding of the needs of a learner-centered organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of constituents, including those inside academia, as well as external stakeholders, community representatives, and political officials.
- Dynamic and positive leader and communicator with strong interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated, successful track record of implementing creative financial strategies, engaging stakeholders in planning and decision-making, and modeling and maintaining the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
- Experience in managing technology initiatives and knowledge of large enterprise resource planning and management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork, creative problem solving, and utilize a participatory management style.
LSUS is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply electronically at www.lsus.edu/jobs
Seasonal Part Time or Full Time Tax Professional
Small local tax office in Metairie, LA seeking tax professional with experience in individual, corporation and partnership tax preparation. This is a part-time or full time seasonal position. Drake experience a plus. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
BRF is accepting applications for Controller
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepares all financial statements, variance analyses and supplemental reports for presentation to the Board/others
- Approves and/or prepares and posts all general ledger transactions
- Prepares audit work papers and assists auditors with annual audit and subsequent reports
- Prepares financial models including ROI and present value analyses for special projects
- Supervises Staff Accountant and Accounting Clerk
- Bachelor of Science Degree and CPA
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of accounting and management experience including at least three years at controller level, public accounting manager level or above
Send cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
2031 Kings Highway
Shreveport, LA 71103
BRF is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Campus Federal Credit Union has immediate opening for Audit and Risk Manager to oversee the internal and external audit and risk assessment functions for the credit union.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive risk-based audit plan covering all functions, departments and processes of CFCU.
- Coordinate and conduct periodic and special audits of operations and records not specified in audit plan as needed.
- Maintain audit work papers to evidence work performed and support conclusions reported.
- Prepare formal reports documenting audits performed and their results; prepare written evaluations on effectiveness of existing systems policies and procedures.
- Discuss any irregularities or deficiencies uncovered during audits with department managers, recommend resolutions and follow up to determine that required changes are instituted.
- Prepare reports and materials for the Supervisory Committee to include minutes, quarterly reports and other documentation for Supervisory Committee meetings.
- Monitor, investigate and act on member complaints/claims referred to the Risk Management department and/or to Supervisory Committee.
- Support the external audit function and/or NCUA examination by assisting outside auditors and examiners in reconciling discrepancies, preparing work papers and providing information. Act as liaison between external auditors and/or NCUA examiner and management.
- Develop and implement enterprise wide risk assessment process.
- Act as consultant and resource to managers, employees and volunteers regarding risk implications in processes, procedures and products.
- Detail oriented, have excellent written and verbal communication skills & PC skills.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures in internal audit.
- 2-4 years experience in internal audit, preferably in a financial institution and a degree in accounting or related,
- Certification is preferred.
Paid health and dental coverage. Life, Disability, 401k and other benefits available at minimal costs. Generous vacation and sick leave policies.
Visit www.campusfederal.org to apply or email resume to careers @campusfederal.org
Only those most qualified will be contacted. EOE
Tax Accountant – West Monroe, LA
Local CPA firm seeks Accountant/CPA, 2+ years of tax experience with income tax software, payroll taxes, and business accounting utilizing Quickbooks software. Lacerte Income Tax software preferable, but not required. We offer competitive salary and benefits. Please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Lake Charles firm has excellent growth opportunities for tax and audit professionals at all levels of expertise. Competitive salary, incentive bonus, and full benefits including medical, retirement plan and PTO. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated and have strong communication skills. CPA license required or met 150 hour requirement for CPA Exam. Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chief Financial Officer
Successful long-term care management company in Alexandria, Louisiana seeks replacement for retiring CFO. Healthcare financial experience a plus, but not required as current CFO will train his successor. Competitive salary and benefit package, commensurate with experience. If you meet the requirements below, please forward your CONFIDENTIAL resume and letter of interest to the address below.
Duties and Responsibilities (Partial listing):
- Oversee accounting/finance functions for 38 skilled nursing facilities, including oversight of home office activities, operational accounting, cost reports, tax returns and interface with all departments.
- Report on and drive improvement in key metrics to improve efficiency and performance. Includes on-site assessment of systems, processes, and results, where warranted.
- Participate in assessment and development of plans to improve operational performance (i.e. therapy management, increasing collections and reducing uncollectible accounts, etc.).
- Handle financial/regulatory related matters (CON applications, regulatory research, coordinate activities with regulatory counsel and other advisors, including Medicare, all States Medicaid, banking and finance relations, etc.)
- Assist in vendor negotiation and management, including broad scope contracts (therapy, pharmacy, other supplies, leases, banking arrangements, etc.)
- Analysis of consolidated company financial operations, including multiple divisions, holding companies, insurance plans, management operations, and other allied businesses.
- Assist senior management with modeling of proposed operations and business ventures.
- Oversee/organize financial and quasi-financial functions to promote efficiency and effectiveness.
- Resolve wide variety of business issues related to general business operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance required
- Certified Public Accountant desired
- Master’s Degree preferred (MBA, Finance, or Health Administration)
- Minimum of 10 years of financial leadership and related experience
- High degree of initiative, judgment, energy, discretion, and decision making abilityExcellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize office workload, administer, and resolve problems
Human Resources Director: CFO Position
Post Office Box 12187
Alexandria, Louisiana 71315
Person Huff CPA Group, LLC, a Metairie CPA firm with offices also in Chalmette and Slidell seeking Tax Manager for Metairie office. Person required to have 7+ years current public accounting experience in tax. Strong knowledge of tax prep and review is also required. Must have a command of authoritative federal & state taxation including business and individual income taxes and estate & gift taxes. Candidates should have the ability to manage multiple projects with consistency & accuracy; must have a high level of professionalism and have the ability to work in a team environment. Strong oral and written communications skills. CPA certification is required. Master of Science in Taxation or similar area preferred, but not required. Many benefits to go along with salary. Looking for more info, contact Matthew@personhuffcpa.com.
Fairfield Property Management is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team at our home office in Shreveport, Louisiana. Being a Senior Accountant is a vital leadership role in our Accounting department.
Essential functions of the Sr. Accountant position include but are not limited to:
• Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
• Assists with preparation and distribution of annual budgets.
• Reviewing general ledger for unusual variances, preparing reclassifications, accruals and making necessary journal entries to ensure financial statements are accurate.
• Interfaces and supports the operations department with timely financial information.
• Assist with gathering pertinent documents for annual audits.
• Assists with inquiries from auditors, investors, or other third parties as assigned, including running reports and answering questions as needed.
• Provides guidance to accounting staff by training, answering questions, and providing assistance with issues and difficult situations.
• Special projects as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a minimum of three years general ledger/reporting experience is required. Five to seven years of related experience is preferred. A Master’s and/or CPA is a huge plus. Please apply at www.fairfieldmanagement.com/careers or email your resume directly to HR@fairfieldmanagement.com.
Tax Preparer/Accountant needed in Baton Rouge area. Ideal candidates will need to have 3 to 6 years experience in individual, corporate and partnership tax. Send letter of inquiry, resume' and references to email@example.com
Metairie CPA Firm Seeks F/T or P/T tax preparer/reviewer with 4+ years experience. Email resume to Dan@AlldayCPA.com
Growing Met/Cov LA CPA firm seeks staff and senior acct. Competitive salary. Company pays 100% low deductible health insurance. 4 wks/yr PTO. Send resume to Claudia@carrigeemoore.com
Looking for a career and not a job? Bourgeois Bennett is seeking experienced audit personnel for our Houma office. Audit Manager will have 8+ years of public accounting experience. CPA required. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated and have strong communication skills to assist in client management and practice development activities. Governmental experience, a plus. Bourgeois Bennett offers excellent benefits including flexible work hours, generous vacation time, performance bonuses, professional development training, no significant travel, paid medical plans, banked time off and more! If you are qualified, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharp & Company, CPAs, a full service CPA firm based in the New Orleans area for 30 years, has excellent growth opportunities for tax and audit professionals at all levels of expertise. Competitive salary, incentive bonus, and full benefits including medical, retirement plan, PTO and flexible work schedule. Submit resume to email@example.com.
STATE LOUISIANA OFFICE of FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS
We are accepting applications for a Financial Institutions CPA/Internal Auditor located in Baton Rouge, La. Preferred qualifications include a baccalaureate degree in accounting plus 3 years of professional level experience in regulatory accounting or auditing, plus a current Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license. Salary Range: $47,570 to $86,945 DOE. Apply online at www.jobs.la.gov. Please contact Kathleen Parrish at (225) 925-4664 for additional information.
In business for over 90 years, one of Louisiana’s largest and most respected Certified Public Accounting and Consulting firms is seeking talented, high-performing accounting professionals to join its Baton Rouge office!
MULTIPLE POSITION OPENINGS:
Audit Staff, Seniors, & Supervisors (Baton Rouge)
Ideal candidates will have 0-2 years (Entry Level) or 3-6 years (Senior/Supervisor) of external audit experience in a public accounting firm. Accounting Degree from a four year college or university required with 150 hours requirement met for CPA Exam. CPA license is strongly preferred for higher level candidates. Construction industry experience is a plus!
General Accountant (Baton Rouge)
Ideal candidate will have 2-3 years experience in general accounting, such as, maintaining a general ledger, preparing financial reports and processing payroll. Experience with Construction Accounting a plus! Strong organizational skills and proficiency with Quickbooks preferred. Degree in related field desired but significant experience will be considered in lieu of degree
Competitive pay and benefits packages offered!
How to apply:
Audit Staff Apply Here
Audit Senior Apply Here
Audit Supervisor Apply Here
General Accountant Apply Here
The Gillon Group, PLLC, a full service Natchez, Mississippi firm, has an immediate opening for a partner track individual in our practice. The ideal candidate will be eligible to sit for the certified public accountant exam and possess strong knowledge of accounting principles and demonstrate excellent leadership and communication skills. Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a full range of benefits including medical, dental, and 401K. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.