LED Seeks Director, Digital Interactive Media and Software Development
Thursday, October 23, 2014
Posted by: Ann Lupo
Louisiana Economic Development Seeks Director, Digital Interactive Media and Software Development
The Director of Digital Interactive Media and Software Tax Credit will utilize their significant knowledge of business and accounting practices in the digital media and software industry to administer the Digital Interactive Media and Software Tax Credit and work with the Executive Director of the Office of Entertainment Industry Development to promote and support Louisiana’s Digital Interactive and Software industry. This full-time, unclassified position is a mid-level manager located within the Office of Entertainment Industry Development.
The Director of Digital Interactive Media and Software has two major responsibility areas:
- 90% Program administration: Administer the Digital Interactive Media and Software Tax Credit to ensure compliance with applicable state law and to work with LED officials to develop best practices and regulations that address the needs of the industry.
- 10% Business development: Cultivate key prospects and business-to-business opportunities that will create new business growth, existing business expansion and increased employment in Louisiana’s Digital Interactive and software industry sector.
- Diligently and efficiently administer the Digital Interactive Media and Software Tax Credit Program
- Ensure that applicants are complying with relevant laws, rules, regulations and internal policy by examining financial accounting records
- Supervise one Business Development Officer
- Focus on continuous enhancement of program monitoring and accountability functions
- Support lead and prospect development activities informed by relevant industry research and intelligence
- Act as contract monitor for Digital Interactive Media and Software related business development sponsorships
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related field; or Master’s degree in Accounting; or a license as a CIA or CPA
- Four years or more of accounting, finance or related business experience in private and/or public sectors with an understanding of applicable accounting and reporting standards
- Some management or supervisory experience
- Verbal and written communication expertise
- Metrics and tracking performance
- Experience with digital media and software development lifecycles and accounting practices surrounding the industry.
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Self-starter with in-depth analytical and decision making skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail
- Balance between strategic, tactical, and creative talents
- Excels under pressure, in a fast-paced, high-profile work environment
- Enjoys meeting needs/deadlines of internal and external customers
- Innovation manager, who can drive change in a complex work environment
- Hard worker, career-minded and -focused
- Relationship builder, team player and impeccable character
- Positive attitude, energetic and a believer in Louisiana’s potential
Within six to 12 months, success in the two responsibility areas looks like:
- Comprehensive process to identify opportunities to enhance program monitoring and accountability functions has been completed.
- Program monitoring and accountability functions have been significantly enhanced by executing on initial improvement opportunities, with additional enhancement efforts underway.
- Any remaining backlog in incentive application processing has been satisfactorily addressed.
- Review of incentive program rules and regulations is underway with consideration of what needs to be changed in response to recent industry growth and office’s ability to administer the program in accordance with the intent of the law.
- A solid system has been developed and implemented to regularly (and accurately) report program activity, as well as processing times for the Digital Interactive Media and Software Tax Credit program (e.g., average time and range to initial certification, average time and range to issue credits).
- The digital interactive media and software tax credit program will continue earning business wins in its particular area as well as holistically with businesses that have integrated more than one incentive program.
- New target markets will be identified and outreach strategy planned to commence immediately.
- A cross pollination approach has been established between digital interactive media and software development as well as other activities of Entertainment, Lead Development and Project Management that will leverage business development resources and opportunities in each area.
- State infrastructure facilities are substantially utilized to their full capacity.
To apply, send resume to email@example.com.