New Practitioner Priority Service (PPS) for Campus Correspondence Examinations (CCE) (2/19/2013)
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
There is a new Practitioner Priority Service for Campus Correspondence Examinations.
- Tax professionals responding to Campus Correspondence Examination telephone calls and/or correspondence can take advantage of a new service beginning April 2.
- Tax professionals can access the CCE Practitioner Priority Service by calling the PPS toll-free number and selecting the Correspondence Examination option.
- Additional prompts, based on the telephone number on the letter they are calling about, will direct the call to the Small Business/Self Employed Examination or Wage & Investment Examination line.
- CCE PPS will address up to five clients per call and transfer or refer issues outside the CCE scope to the appropriate IRS functions.
- The PPS prioritizes calls to improve tax professionals’ experiences.
- CCE PPS toll-free number: 1-866-860-4259
- SBSE: M – F, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., local time
- W&I: M – F 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., local time
- Alaska and Hawaii - Pacific time
- The CCE PPS number is for tax professional use only.