||CPAs exploring the possibility of adding personal financial planning services to their practices.
The Member rate applies to LCPA members, other state society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Financial Planning Opportunities are presenting themselves more often than ever. Clients are looking for that one-stop shop where they can have all their financial concerns addressed by a competent financial professional. Is it time to begin adding personal financial planning services to your existing practice? Gain the necessary skills to assess whether adding these services makes sense.
This course examines the benefits and potential pitfalls of creating this type of entity; the skills of how to develop the appropriate infrastructure; and the appropriate type of entity and licensing requirements. Take a look at associating with appropriate financial services companies and professionals, staffing, technology, networking and other features of launching this new service, as well as the six steps of the financial planning process and how to apply them to each planning discipline.
- Identify the factors necessary in determining whether it pays to add personal financial planning services to your practice.
- Determine the prerequisites in each area of personal financial planning.
- Determine how to set up, market and employ technology in a financial planning practice.
- Identify licensing and regulatory requirements necessary to operate in this environment.
- Business structure of the practice
- Practice management
- Licensing and regulatory requirements
- Personal financial planning process