| Who should attend || Business professionals seeking to secure sensitive data. |
|CPA Non-Members ||$94|
The Member rate applies to LCPA members, reciprocal state society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
With so many data breaches and targeted attacks, you should be concerned about the security of your data, and the rapidly-growing volume of data you store, likely, only increases your concerns. In this session, you will learn about some of the recent high profile attacks and how these crimes occurred. More importantly, you will learn about critical security concepts and techniques that will help you minimize the risks of similar attacks affecting you and your organization. In addition, you will learn about the relative strengths and weaknesses of data security in the Cloud, compared to on-premise solutions and storage. If you are concerned about data security – and who isn’t – the information you will learn in this session will help address your data security concerns.
• Describe details about recent high profile data breaches
• List prominent methods used by hackers to commit the breaches
• Compare and contrast Cloud-based data storage to on-premise data storage based on relative strengths and weaknesses
• Identify methods for adding security in order to protect electronic content
- Examine data breaches
- Review critical security concepts