The Member rate applies to LCPA members, reciprocal state society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Co-sponsored with the LPSS –
Sales Tax Division
In this comprehensive, half-day workshop, Drew Talbot brings his extensive experience in state and local sales tax law to help you understand these critical issues:
- What to do when your client receives a NOIA and/or NOA
- What the Collector looks for when a taxpayer submits a refund claim
- What records should be kept, preserved and produced in connection with an audit
- When taxes prescribe and the manner and means in which prescription is suspended or interrupted
- The LA Board of Tax Appeals and how it handles local tax cases
- Submitting requests to the Collector for rulings on taxability issues
- Recent developments in court cases affecting sales and use tax issues
Meet the Speaker
Drew Talbot graduated from LSU Law School in May 2007 in the top 25% of his class. During his time in law school, Drew clerked for Robert Rainer working on the sales and use tax cases that dominate his practice. Immediately upon graduation, Drew began working full time for Mr. Rainer as an associate, and has been with him ever since. Drew's practice area is state and local sales and use tax law. During his time with Mr. Rainer, Drew has been made a named partner in the firm, and the firm's representation of local clients (i.e. parishes) has expanded in number. The firm litigates a significant number of cases. However, many of these involve legal issues (as opposed to factual disputes). Therefore, a large portion of the firm's practice involves writing briefs, trying cases and presenting oral arguments in appellate courts and the Louisiana Supreme Court.