||Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Access application.
| Who should attend
Accounting and other business professionals who wish to enhance their Microsoft Access skills.
The Member rate applies to LCPA members, reciprocal state society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Organizations of all sizes are being swamped with digital information. Many people try to store and analyze content using tools such as Microsoft Excel, but struggle with application functionality limitations. Learn how to control the information by using Microsoft Access—a powerful database application.
Learn the ins and outs of Access, including its primary components, tables, forms, queries and reports, as well as how to create a database, begin the process of storing information and ways to import content quickly and easily into Access.
- Determine why Access is beneficial to those working with electronic content.
- Identify four primary component of Access.
- Determine how to create an Access database that includes tables, and forms
- Determine how to populate a database by connecting to external data.
- Identify how to work with Access queries to filter, analyze and alter data.
- Why use Access?
- Creating a database that includes tables and forms.
- Importing data into Access.
- Working with Access queries.