|Accounting & Auditing
| Who should attend
|| Financial professionals responsible for preparing financial forecasts
The Member rate applies to LCPA members, reciprocal state society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Proper planning is the key to the success of any company. With CPAs constantly being asked to plan a company's future, forecasting is one area to demonstrate your special value. This course provides the tools necessary to project the balance sheet and statements of income and cash flow. Determine the company's maximum sustainable growth and predict its external fund requirements.
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Recall the basics of planning and forecasting financial statements.
- Recognize key considerations related to a basic forecasting model.
- Identify the evidence of growth mismanagement.
- Recognize how to analyze projected or forecasted financial statements.
- Overview of the forecasting process
- The basic forecasting model
- Techniques used to forecast sales
- A case analysis on working capital planning
- Forecasting the company's capital structure
- Projecting the income statement and balance sheet