| Who should attend || CPAs in public accounting. |
|CPA Non-Members ||$140|
The Member rate applies to LCPA members, reciprocal state society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
CAMICO insures nearly 9,000 CPA firms and has seen almost 6,000 malpractice claims against CPAs in the last 30 years, with 60 percent of the claims in the tax arena. These claims have shown that malpractice risks facing today's CPAs include many well-known issues and themes, and others that are new and evolving.
Learn practical guidance to avoid common, recent and often overlooked dangers in your tax practice, as well risk management best practices for implementing the AICPA's new standard in SSARS No. 21.
CAMICO policyholders receive complimentary registration for this event. Please log into the CAMICO Members-Only Site at www.camico.com to register, or contact CAMICO at (800) 652-1772 or email@example.com with questions.
- Determine how juries view CPAs and how CPAs are held to a higher standard than the actual professional standards.
- Identify risk management strategies regarding the implementation of SSARS No. 21, particularly Preparation engagements.
- Determine how to apply your new understanding of CPA professional liability risks to common tax engagements.
- Risk management best practices for tax engagements.
- What to include (and not include) in engagement letters.
- Risk management strategies regarding SSARS 21.
- Common advice calls from the CAMICO tax hotline and CAMICO’s responses