|Prerequisite||Excel Power User Modules1-4 or knowledge of the topics covered.|
| Who should attend || Accounting professionals who use Excel for Windows. |
|CPA Non-Members ||$94|
The Member rate applies to LCPA members, reciprocal state society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
The Excel Power User series helps you improve your Excel proficiency and enables you to get your Excel tasks done more quickly. In this session, we'll explore functions that operate on—and return—date values and text strings. We'll continue to integrate these features as we proceed throughout the series.
Note: This session is presented with Excel for Windows. Items covered may not be available in Excel for Mac.
- Identify Excel functions that can be used to return the last day of the month.
- Recall the arguments of the DATE function.
- Determine an Excel function that returns the year of the date.
- Determine the last day of the month with EOMONTH.
- Date parts: MONTH and YEAR.
- Build your own date with DATE.
- Concatenation basics.
- Improve SUMIFS with CONCATENATE.