||Fundamental understanding of Microsoft Office Excel 2007 or newer
| Who should attend
Accounting and financial professionals who want to use the power of Excel PivotTables to analyze and summarize data
The Member rate applies to LCPA members, reciprocal state society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
PivotTables are widely considered the most powerful feature in Excel, yet most accounting and financial professionals do not use them in their day-to-day activities. If you are ready to learn how to take advantage of PivotTables or how to extend your existing knowledge of PivotTables, then you should make time to participate in this course.
In this program, you will learn how to build PivotTables, how to group data inside PivotTables – including grouping options for fiscal periods – and how to create user-defined calculations in your PivotTables. You will also learn advanced PivotTable techniques, including how to build PivotTables that consolidate data from multiple data ranges and PivotTables dynamically connected to external databases and financial accounting systems.
Additionally, you will learn how to take advantage of other Excel features associated with PivotTables, including Slicers, Power Query, and Power Pivot. At the end of the day, you will be a master of Excel PivotTables!
If you have been leery of working with PivotTables or have struggled to realize their many benefits, this course is for you. With a little information, guidance, and coaching from your K2 instructor, you will be ready to use PivotTables to analyze and report on very large data sets in a fraction of the time you are spending presently to complete such tasks.
“I learned a lot that will assist me in my job.” T.D., CPA WA
“Excellent class and very valuable information!” S.B., CPA
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the six main elements of a PivotTable report and their use when creating PivotTables
- Create PivotTables and manipulate data in PivotTables using grouping techniques, modified Field Settings, user-defined calculations, and sorting and filtering options
- Import and link data from external data sources into PivotTables; additionally, use Tables and Data Models as data sources for PivotTables
- Create Consolidation PivotTables to consolidate data from multiple data sources in Excel
- Construct PivotTables in enterprise-class organizations using Power Pivot and Slicers
- Analyze data in PivotTables using tools and techniques, such as sorting, filtering, Excel’s GETPIVOTDATA function, and PivotCharts
- Apply specific PivotTable techniques to solve problems in areas of PivotTable formatting, creating multiple PivotTables from a single data source, grouping PivotTable data into fiscal reporting periods, and keeping PivotTable row order intact
- PivotTable fundamentals
- Formatting PivotTables
- Preparing your data for PivotTables, including using Data Models and Power Query
- Creating calculations in PivotTables
- Consolidating data with PivotTables
- Analyzing data with PivotTables
- Building enterprise-class PivotTables with Power Pivot