||Basic understanding of computer operations and accounting software
| Who should attend
Business professionals seeking to use QuickBooks Online to its fullest potential
The Member rate applies to LCPA members, reciprocal state society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
QuickBooks Online (QBO) has come a long way since its initial release in 2000 and now provides a reliable and robust set of tools for assisting small businesses in managing their finances.
In this program, you will learn how to put the power of QBO to work, for you, right from the start. More specifically, you will learn how to setup companies in QBO, how to convert existing QuickBooks to QBO, and how to record common transactions in QBO. You will also learn how to create and distribute reports using QBO and how to work with the powerful features found in QBO for Accountants.
Additionally, you will learn the types of companies that are ideal candidates for QBO and the types of companies that should likely avoid using the service.
From basic accounting transactions to accounting for inventory to managing payroll, QBO provides access to many of the tools small businesses need to manage operations more efficiently and profitably.
If you are considering converting from another accounting program or Cloud-based accounting service, or if you are curious about Cloud-based accounting options, learn how to put the power of QBO to use by participating in this program.
"Good mix of high level commentary and more basic how to info." T.H.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify situations for which QuickBooks Online might be the optimal accounting solution and the potential advantages of Cloud-based, collaborative accounting
- Differentiate between the various QuickBooks Online service options
- Identify and utilize various features to improve the accounting function in small businesses
- Create customized financial and operational reports using QuickBooks Online
- Convert existing QuickBooks desktop data into QuickBooks Online and download data from QuickBooks Online into the desktop version of QuickBooks
- Identifying situations where QuickBooks Online is a viable option
- Utilizing the advanced features available in QuickBooks Online to manage small businesses more effectively
- Preparing customized reports with QuickBooks Online
- Understanding the integrated options available within the QuickBooks Online ecosystem