| Who should attend
Practitioners responsible for sales and use tax compliance.
The Member rate applies to LCPA members, reciprocal state society members, and non-CPA staff of LCPA members. To register online, use the ‘Register’ button above. To register by phone, call the LCPA Member Service Center at 800.288.5272 or 504.464.1040, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Louisiana is recognized nationally as being one of the most challenging states for sales and use tax compliance. Our convoluted statutes and 64 local tax jurisdictions are the leading cause of this reputation. Even without the additional issues we have in our state, sales and use tax compliance is difficult. An understanding of the Louisiana statutes, rules and jurisprudence is imperative for identifying potential liabilities and/or overpayments as well as planning for minimizing sales tax.
Business can face significant liability for sales tax and corresponding interest and penalty as the result of an audit by Louisiana or any of our local tax jurisdictions. Purchasers and sellers are potential targets of the auditors and both could be responsible for unpaid taxes.
Participants will be able to:
- Discuss what goods and services are taxable
- Discuss the tax base for sales, use and lease taxes
- Review recent developments related to Louisiana sales tax
- Understand the Louisiana sales tax system
- Know where to look within the Louisiana statutes for the guidance you need
- Significant exemptions and exclusions
Louisiana sales tax update
- How to effectively manage sales and use tax audits