CPE: 8 hours
Prerequisites: Familiarity with negotiations.
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: CPAs, attorneys and other advisers and practitioners who represent clients or engage with clients for professional services.
Go beyond the basics of negotiating deals for a short-term win and build for long-term successes. We'll take a look at pitfalls you may not even be aware of that kill the deal, as well as the process of preparing, structuring and conducting successful sessions for you and your clients. Also, explore strengths and weaknesses of traditional vernacular, programs and tools.
- Identify 21 immutable laws that kill deals and subconsciously distract others from gaining trust in you and your objectives.
- Recognize bad-faith negotiations and how to combat such practices for better results.
- Determine why you are always the greatest impediment in your negotiation.
- Identify tools for preparation, presentation and joint discovery before, during and after the negotiation battle.
- Negotiation models, including Harvard Business Negotiation, methodologies and concepts
- Psychology of persuasion: What works and what turns off others
- Decision making dialogue and tranparency
- Negotiation definitions and concepts
- Psychology mechanics present in every meeting
- Case studies of M&A deals—both successes and failures