CPE: 8 hours
Category: Accounting & Auditing
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: All CPAs in public accounting, business and government including internal auditors and financial executives who are responsible for fraud detection and prevention.
This class gives pragmatic guidance on fraud detection and prevention using real-life examples of how fraud has occurred in a number of industries such as construction, hotels and nonprofits. You'll discover the methods fraudsters use to cook the books and create fraudulent financial statements. Additionally, you'll learn effective procedures and methods for finding fraud and identifying where fraud is most likely to occur. The course also will discuss government legislation that's in the works to help promote fraud detection.
- Become more effective in detecting fraud.
- Recognize where the areas of greatest fraud risk exist.
- Identify how fraud is being committed.
- The accounting profession's role in fraud detection
- Fraud detection and detection techniques
- Legislative attempts to promote fraud detection
- Industry-specific fraud concerns