CPE: 8 hours
Category: Accounting & Auditing
Prerequisites: Experience in auditing as independent and/ or internal auditor
Advanced prep: None
Who should attend: Controllers, senior financial professionals, internal auditors and business owners.
Prepare for the unthinkable: fraud in your workplace. Review the fundamentals of fraudulent activity and learn procedures that will help you reduce the risk of fraud. You also will review several case studies illustrating how real-world frauds are perpetrated, how to recognize them and prevent them spreading.
- Determine the language of fraud.
- Recognize how to do background checks before you hire the wrong person.
- Identify the signs of fraud and prevent its spread in your organization.
- Determine what to do if you uncover a fraud in your business.
- Consumer frauds
- Fraud trends
- Reducing the risk of fraud in your operations
- Updates on hot websites
- Stopping the perfect fraud dead in its tracks